Prime Image Technologies is a well-established and highly respected technology solutions firm based out of Burnaby, BC. The IT Division are the fastest growing group within the company. They provide Managed IT Services, Network Assessments, Cloud Services as well as Back-Up and Recovery Services to small-medium sized businesses across the Lower Mainland.
The IT Division are truly customer orientated. They take the time to listen and understand their client’s needs. They go the extra mile to get the job done. From beginning to end, they are committed to their clients’ success.
Team work is the key to this Group’s success. Working closely together ensures that there is always someone available and willing to help. Result = better response times for clients. Open communication promotes ongoing dialogue and idea sharing. Result = better outcomes for clients.
The IT Division are looking for a high performing Level III Senior System Administrator to join their growing team. The right person for the job will be technically strong, have a can-do attitude and thrive on working in a team environment. They will have a strong customer orientation and consider technology their passion, not just their job.
- Assist project management team and supervisor with creating IT proposals and plans.
- Follow detailed IT project specifications including the assembly, imaging, and configuration of client systems and servers
- Perform proactive remote and onsite tech support troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking issues for various clients
- Perform all level server level support, including installation/upgrading software, installing hardware (often directing field technician in what to do over phone), implementation of security practices, configuring systems/applications, etc.
- Implementing group policies to perform group tasks using Active Directory and RMM tools as needed
- Perform level 2/3 tech support at the desktop level when needed, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing server backups, and configuring systems and application
- Proactively monitor central corporate ticketing system to ensure timely resolution of issues to all client tech support issues within service-level agreement (SLA)
- Document all changes to client environments while always maintaining industry “Best Practices” within all client sites.
- Evaluate and create new and/or follow existing checklists to ensure a consistent result for routine and common tasks
- Access industry resources including software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources to aid in tech support resolutions
- Leverage front-line client experience to identify sales opportunities
- Assist other team members (level 1, 2, and 3) when they may need assistance to complete tasks.
- Other duties as assigned as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years of experience working in a managed IT services provider (MSP) in helpdesk level 3 or better.
- Be proactive in nature, identifying problems in advance and looking for continuous service improvement opportunities
- Ability to multi-task multiple clients and team members under tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Possess exceptional customer service orientation
- Possess and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills is a must as this is a customer-facing role
- Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a passion for technology and I.T.
- Obtained industry certifications such as Cisco, Microsoft, and CompTIA
- Must achieve an industry certification within 6 months of employment
- Experience with Remote Control Software such as TeamViewer and Remote Desktop Connection
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Gmail and other emailing apps
- Demonstrable experience with installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory
- Demonstrable experience with networking concepts including TCP/IP, OSI model, routing, switching, VLANs, subnets, super subnets and other networking concepts
- Demonstrable experience with networking hardware including Cisco, SonicWALL, Mikrotik, pfSense, switches and VPN appliances
- Experience with an assortment of backup hardware including tape drives, USB drives, and Disk-to-disk and cloud systems
- Experience with an assortment back-up software including Acronis, Datto, WSB, etc.
- Experience with RAID including various RAID controllers and general RAID knowledge
- Experience with building, mounting, breaking, hot spare, RAID 0/1/5/6/10
- Experience with virtualization platforms including VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience with installing, configuring, administering and troubleshooting a wide range of server and desktop hardware and software (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Apple is a nice-to-have)
- Experience with using Microsoft Office Suite including 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Experience with troubleshooting printers, scanner, and various other peripherals
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting mobile devices iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.